I'm using the > 6 Wifi1010's to do my home automation.
This is still a work in progress, so I'm using OTA (OverTheAir) to do firmware updates.
All was working great until some weeks ago. The board library and ArduinoOTA library was updated.
Now, I get the following behavior (100% repeatable):
- compile and flash an OTA sketch via USB (ArduinoOTA demo , or my own code, doesn't matter)
- All is working! (LED's working, connecting to network, ...)
- flash the same code as step 1 via the network port (OTA)
- I get teh responce "OK, software flashed succesfully'
- Board is stuck: no code boots. (no bootlader LED, nothing)
I can recover by doublepressing the reset button -> force bootloader -> re-flash via USB (back to 1.)
The things I tried so far:
- I've browsed a lot of fora & discussion groups. Yes, OTA is a bit unstable, but no one has the same bricking issue?
- I tried a new WIFI1010 out-of-the-box. Same issue.
- tried down- and upgrading WIFI firmware, libraries, re-install Arduino, ... NOP Issue still present.
--> Can someone confirm that they can perform an OTA flash on MKR WIFI1010, where the board still boots afterwards?
(I'm using Nina FW 1.3.0, ArduinoOTA 1.0.5, WifiNINA 1.7.1 and SAM board 1.6.12)