OTA using my own server - ESP8266

Hi friends, at this moment I'm doing a geolocation project, I'm using a car GPS that has a serial port(TX,RX), this GPS is connected to my server, I can send information from my server to my ESP8266 and from my ESP8266 to my server, my question is:

Can I use this Serial port (GPS serial port) to update my sketch in my ESP8266 ?? I wanna update my sketch remotely because this project is in a movil car, so its hard for me go to the car to update a new code in my microcontroller.

if this is possible, how I have to send my sketch from my server to update the code? I know that I have to press the RST button, this is not a problem because the car driver can do it.

This is another way to use Over The Air (OTA), I know that now exist some solution for this, but I prefer to do it from my own server

Thanks friends.

see the ESP8266httpUpdate or the ESP8266HTTPUpdateServer library examples. both libraries are installed with the esp8266 Arduino boards package

Thanks for your comment, this library works, but if I want to use this library I need internet connection and I don't have this in the car, I only have 1 SIM CARD in the GPS but I don't have and Access Point to connect my ESP8266 to Internet, this is the reason why I wanna this Using the Serial Port

all the libraries use the Updater object. if you can download the file, you can apply it over the Updater

OnJuanTrack:
Thanks for your comment, this library works, but if I want to use this library I need internet connection and I don't have this in the car, I only have 1 SIM CARD in the GPS but I don't have and Access Point to connect my ESP8266 to Internet, this is the reason why I wanna this Using the Serial Port

You can probably get a cheap used wireless router to serve as your local "internet" network.