Otamatone-like instrument with Arduino

Hello. This is my first topic on this forum, do not scold)
So, I had an idea to do something similar to omamaton (I hope you all know what it is). But nowhere could he find any information regarding the principle of operation of the Otamaton fingerboard. But this is the main part of the tool. Is it resistive or capacitive?
Maybe someone here has otamaton and you can bring clarity and push on the right thoughts? Maybe someone had already done something like that on the Arduino?

There are lots of different Otomatone instruments with various modes of operation. If you're thinking of the original version with the ribbon controller try Googling "arduino ribbon controller synthesizer". There are quite a few designs out there.

Something like the Sparkfun "SoftPot" may be a useful starting point.

Steve

Ok, thanks. So in original Otamatone fingerboard is resistive membrane potentiometer ?
That is, you just need to force a place on the fretboard to get sound. I was previously convinced that a capacitive touchpad-type sensor was used there. Which simply works from a light touch without the force of pressing. But I don’t have and still don’t have any of the friends ...
Thanks again for the link!

So far three different spellings for this thing and no links...

PhillT:
Ok, thanks. So in original Otamatone fingerboard is resistive membrane potentiometer ?
That is, you just need to force a place on the fretboard to get sound.

I've only ever seen one and that was years ago. But I think I remember having to press fairly hard to get it to sound. But I have never taken one apart so I don't know exactly how it's made, I just think you could make something similar using a membrane pot.

Steve