OttoDIY+ and bluetooth

Hi al,

I made an OttoDIY+ robot and followed the instructions to make the version with bluetooth. I downloaded all the projectfiles from the git and the APK. When I run the avoid project on my otto it works perfectly. But when I run the Otto+ bluetooth one it starts getting strange.

It still does its idle animation (shifting legs) I can connect with it via the app and bluetooth and I can get the program name via the app. Only I cant get it to work with the walking, dancing and other functions. Sometimes it works for a few seconds and than it does nothing. I see the RX and TX leds blink on the arduino everytime I send a command via the app. Only it doesnt execute them most of the time. Sometimes I spam a command to see if it works but it doesnt run them, it sseems, only after a while it sometimes out of the blue starts doing my spammed commands. Any ideas what it can be ?

Hello,

Maybe you can take a test:

Use a terminal app and run a test sketch for serial port,

If the communication is good, check the power and the program.

Sketch for test:

void setup() {
  // initialize serial:
  Serial.begin(9600);
}

void loop() {
}

/*
  SerialEvent occurs whenever a new data comes in the hardware serial RX. This
  routine is run between each time loop() runs, so using delay inside loop can
  delay response. Multiple bytes of data may be available.
*/
void serialEvent() {
  while (Serial.available()) {
    // get the new byte:
    char inChar = (char)Serial.read();
    Serial.write(inChar);
  }
}

rtek1000: Hello,

Maybe you can take a test:

Use a terminal app and run a test sketch for serial port,

If the communication is good, check the power and the program.

Sketch for test:

void setup() {
  // initialize serial:
  Serial.begin(9600);
}

void loop() { }

/*   SerialEvent occurs whenever a new data comes in the hardware serial RX. This   routine is run between each time loop() runs, so using delay inside loop can   delay response. Multiple bytes of data may be available. */ void serialEvent() {   while (Serial.available()) {     // get the new byte:     char inChar = (char)Serial.read();     Serial.write(inChar);   } }

That works. so its not my bluetooth :D thnx. any idea what it can be?