outdoor temperature booster

what a tool to increase the temperature outdoor? i will use for drying rice. thanks.

The sun.

A few mirrors to get more sunlight on your rice.

Or if that's not enough, see if you can find an old back-projector TV set, the kind with huge Fresnel lens. Gets the temperature high enough to melt copper in the focal point.

Some commercial units use a tumbler system.

That is a long cylinder with a baffle or even two.
It rotates slowly with a small amount of heat applied (your choice for the heat)
This tumbles the rice and also polishes it equally whilst also drying it.

They rotate very slowly so often not much is needed by way of power.
This process is also used for many other applications.

burn rice husks, the long rotating tube that allows rice to enter at one end and exit the other.
greenhouse type building, with lots of air flow.
you can use an Arduino to monitor the humidity and to open the doors.
alter from heating to ventilating.
heating draws out the moisture, ventilating takes it away

Most tube devices are set on a small incline so the dryer or smaller particles (depending on the process) comes out at the higher end of the incline and drops into collection devices.

The lower end is also usually partially enclosed with a large enough hole in the middle to be fed from some form of hopper with an offset chute.

ballscrewbob:
They rotate very slowly so often not much is needed by way of power.

Which should be from solar panels in any case!

What a tool to increase the temperature outdoor?

Build millions and millions of machines of all sizes that run on fossil fuels, wait 100 years and the temperature will outdoors (and indoors) will increase.

PerryBebbington:
Build millions and millions of machines of all sizes that run on fossil fuels, wait 100 years and the temperature will outdoors (and indoors) will increase.

+1 :grinning:

Make up a mostly closed box with large windows on top. Sun will heat the contents nicely.
Don't know what it does for moisture, I imagine it could feel pretty humid without some airflow.

Here are a couple I just made from some old windows we had, and pressure treated 1x6 boards (started with some leftover boards, and bought some new boards to make them taller for taller plants in pots).
Saw a 20F increase from 50F to 70F the other day when the sun was out.
Boxes are about 6 feet x 2 feet to fit the windows, 15 inches tall in front and 22 inches tall in the back.

I'm thinking maybe I'll make one more, I have a window from a screen door we just had replaced. It's about the same size as the windows side by side, 31 inch by 62 inch or so.

There are outdoor food cookers that don't require energy. I have seen them used in cold climates. I don't know what they are called. Basically just an insulated box to keep the heat in and a clear panel to allow the sunlight in. They can be opened to various degrees to adjust the temperature. If it's cloudy you're out of luck.

EDIT: CrossRoads beat me to it.

MK1888:
There are outdoor food cookers that don’t require energy.

That seems unlikely.

MK1888:
don't require energy.
allow the sunlight in.

The sunlight's the energy.

twinkleyan:
The sunlight's the energy.

I realise this! So the statement that it does not require energy is, as I thought, incorrect!

PerryBebbington:
I realise this!

My comment wasn't at you, but at MK1888 (who I suspect knows it too, and meant that it didn't require paid-for energy, like electricity or petrol.)

Peace out, fellows! :grinning:

Oh! :o

CrossRoads:
Make up a mostly closed box with large windows on top. Sun will heat the contents nicely.
Don't know what it does for moisture, I imagine it could feel pretty humid without some airflow.

Put on a simple motor to lift the lid, even a little bit.

PerryBebbington:

or, we can make computer models and alter the data to fit the models when it is inconvenient.
Then change the methodology of gathering data.
Then never show anyone the data or the models.

OP seems to have lost interest.