OUTPUT FROM ONE UNO TO INPUT OF ANOTHER

Hi,
Trying to translate a locked down sketch that lights a sequence of LED's to light a series of equivalent DMX Par Cans.

Suggestion is to use the DMX Shielded UNO to sense the output of pins from the locked down sketch UNO.

Can anyone suggest a wiring diagram that would work between the two UNOs?

If for example I connect Output Pins 1 to 6 on the first UNO to Input Pins A0 to A5 what other connections would I need to make between the 2 UNO's?

Thank you
Paul

GND.

// Per.

Don't use pins 0 & 1 they are for the serial port. Note any pin can be a digital input, there is no need to use the analogue inputs.

Not required, but you might consider adding a ~1K resistor in each of the data lines just to be safe. If you connect a pin that's in output mode, HIGH to a pin that's in output mode, LOW that's a short. Without the resistor a bug in your code could damage the microcontroller.

It also prevent the first Arduino to phantom power the second if it's off. But I would even up the resistor to 100k.

4k7. 100k could allow noise and EMI to affect the receiving pin.

MarkT:
4k7. 100k could allow noise and EMI to affect the receiving pin.

+1

Also, why are you CRYING, OP? That's not nice :frowning:

lg, couka

couka:
Also, why are you CRYING, OP? That's not nice :frowning:

lg, couka

crying ? really ?
or you meant 'shouting' ?
anyway, I can't see any cry or shout in the 1rst post - There are some words in capital, which name devices or pin numbers, and make imho the post easy to read and understand :slight_smile:

edit : ok, sorry, I hadn't noticed the title :wink:

alnath:
crying ? really ?
or you meant 'shouting' ?

Yep, my bad, it's the same word in german and easy to confuse, especially when you are tired :smiley:

lg, couka