Output Pulse

Hello everyone,

I am very new to arduino so I apologise if my question seems trivial, but I have been unable to find an answer online. I am attempting to have the arduino generate a pulse. I understand that the arduino can output PWM, and that one can adjust the duty cycle of that outputted wave, however all that I can get it to generate is a constant square wave. I would like to generate a pulsing signal, which outputs a certain number of cycles over a given frequency. Is it possible to program the arduino to do this?

If the answer to the above question is "no, does anyone know of any external components that could convert a constant pwm to pulse over a given frequency? I appreciate any help that I get!

Toggle your o/p after a delay period then repeat.
delay toggle delay toggle etc.

Hi, what frequency do you want the pulse and what duty cycle and how many pulses?

Tom.... :)

I would like to generate a pulsing signal, which outputs a certain number of cycles over a given frequency. Is it possible to program the arduino to do this?

Yes of course you can. The sketch code has complete control over the state of any digital output pin so you can create pulse outputs as you wish. There are probably several methods that one could use, but unless you define the timing limits as Tom requested it's hard to make a recommendation until.

I would assume this digital output pulse generate would be wiring to something. Be sure you are aware of the voltage and current limits for output pins and use transistors or other external switching devices if required.