output to another arduino

I have 2 unos and i want to sent a digitalWrite on one arduino to a digitalread on another arduino. How do i wire them together? I cant afford to blow them up!. Any help greatly appreciated.

Mr_Bits: I have 2 unos and i want to sent a digitalWrite on one arduino to a digitalread on another arduino. How do i wire them together? I cant afford to blow them up!. Any help greatly appreciated.

Simple add two wires, one from the digital output pin of board #1 to the digital input pin of board #2, then add a ground wire from a ground pin on board #1 to a ground pin of board #2. If you are worried that you might ever make a software error such that the two pins are both made into output pins then add a series 1K ohm resistor between the two (output and input) pins.

Lefty

Ta Lefty! Will try that!

Forget the digitalRead/Write!. What your doing is to set a pin (to high or low) on one UNO and have the other see that.

What are you trying to get one to say to the other?

Maybe you should think about using software serial or I2C?

Mark

holmes4: Forget the digitalRead/Write!. What your doing is to set a pin (to high or low) on one UNO and have the other see that.

What are you trying to get one to say to the other?

Maybe you should think about using software serial or I2C?

Mark

Sometimes a simple digital output to digital input is all that is required for a specific application or requirement. Why do you assume a more complex and powerful communications method is required by the poster when he stated otherwise?

Lefty

Lefty is correct. Thats all i wanted to do! Ta!