Outputting L, Tx and Rx LEDs to external LEDs on Arduino Mega

So I’ve made my project and have installed it into a box. As the interconnection to my computer is integral I need to be able to see these three LEDs, firstly so I know when the connection has been established, and then so I can be sure the connection is maintained and reconnect as quickly as possible if something happens while I am using the project for a performance.

What pins can I connect to to get these signals to be sent to other LEDs that I can mount into the box? Do I need to set these pins as anything particular for them to read the LED data or is it automatic?

What pins can I connect to to get these signals to be sent to other LEDs that I can mount into the box?

The L LED is controlled by Pin 13. In software you need to set that pin as an output.

As to the other pins these are controlled by the USB / serial interface and their is nothing you can do in your code to switch these on.

You could wire up some external LEDs to these surface mount LEDs on the Arduino, or you could hack the serial libiary to echo the conditions that make them light on some other pin. These conditions are a byte enters the buffer ( RX ) or a byte exits the buffer ( TX ).

Thanks Mike, I considered replacing the actual surface mounted LEDs for Rx and Tx on the Mega because I could only find info on lighting up the L one, just thought I should ask first.