outputting read midi files from sd card to servo positions.

hello for my latest project I'd like to be able to store allot of midi files on my sd card and then read them with the view to having them played by servos on a physical instrument. However most of the things i'm finding online seem to be cases where midi files are read from the sd card and outputted as audio ?

has anyone done this or know if it's a feasible Idea?

cheers
sam

However most of the things i'm finding online seem to be cases where midi files are read from the sd card and outputted as audio ?

Have you looked at a midi file? Do you see anything in there that looks like instructions that servo can understand? Do you see anything in there that looks like something you could translate into which servo to move, and how far to move it? When to move it?

Have you tried combining the knob (yes, it's a stupid name) example with ANY kind of physical device that the servo might cause to make "music"? Have you been happy with the ability of the servo to make "music"?

to be truthful I haven't looked at a midi file yet but I have seen lots of examples of servo's being controlled by midi and of people getting nice sounds out of it ServoHarp - Arduino Midi Harp Player - Installation 1 - YouTube for one. most of the things I've seen though have midi being sent from ableton or another daw. so I was wondering if I could read the midi file inside the IDE. the project in which i'd like to include this functionality is a web based project and I've mostly been working on that side of things so I posted this question because I was worrying that when I did start to address the midi element of the project I'd find that it was unfeasible.

also I have had a few goes rigging up my servos above my piano and using cap sense pins to cause them to go to a position that causes them to play a key. I imagined that If I could read midi data in the IDE i could create if statements that responded to the note names in a midi file and then wrote the servo to a certain position ?