Override TX/RX?

Hi Folks,
I am building a quadcopter and I'd like to add an HC-05 so that I can check flight data in real-time using Mutliwii. I'd like to solder everything into place, but I know that if I permanently attach anything to pins 0 and 1, I won't be able to use the USB anymore. I will likely need to use the USB to update and change the code on occasion.
Is there a way to override the default to RX/TX so that I can use the USB while the bluetooth module is still attached? I thought about making a disconnect between the nano and the HC-05, but I know that sometimes even a bare wire attached to on of the serial pins will prevent communication, too.
Any advice?
TIA

Try the SoftSerial Library to use different pins

Just use a switch!

Mark

holmes4:
Just use a switch!

Mark

But a switch is still something connected to the ports. In the past, I have just had bare wires plugged into the RX/TX and was unable to upload.

The Nano has 18 pins other than 0 and 1 which can be used for digital IO. Have you used all of them or do you have a couple spare to use with SoftwareSerial for the HC-05 ?

leejones:
But a switch is still something connected to the ports. In the past, I have just had bare wires plugged into the RX/TX and was unable to upload.

A switch between the HC-05 and the Arduino to disconnect it whilst uploading

The WIFI/SD shield uses(ed) used a switch so take a look at its circuit diagram.

Mark