Own radio communication system

Hey everybody,

Is it possible to build something like system for radio communication? To be more specified > build several modules and give it to friends around the town and communicate on own "more secret" frequency? Is it possible? Some chips recommendation?

THX

Yes, that is possible, but no frequencies are "secret".

Unlikley, the distances you require would be difficult to achieve within the limits of the legal bands and transmit powers.

I know, just meant to do own frequency or use one which is not used frequently. About the legal site, it is just some stupid project idea, we can put extra "something" to wide the signal somewhere. It would be much problem. Dont care about this

TomasRoj:
Dont care about this

In my experience most of the regular Forum contributors do care about staying within the laws about radio frequencies.

You could try LoRa - it would probably have the range but the data rates are very slow.

What you want to do sounds like a perfect task for mobile phones.

...R

I know that mobile can do this xdd. But we want something nerdy like this so I tought arduino would be the best for this. We want to talk via that so lora doesnt seem to be the good option.

Lots of people use KakaoTalk on their mobiles for just that purpose.

I need to say that now I REALLY WANT RADIO COMMUNICATION for this project. BTW that app looks like some chineese clon or whatsapp or something like thal lol

TomasRoj:
Dont care about this

So you dont care if your desire for 'secret communications' illegally takes down or interferes with some essential service ?

Nice.

Not at all, I will definetelly do some research about what is on what frequence but yes I want to do it. Just for some small time during the week. I would go back to discussion around useable modules not about legal vs illegal

TomasRoj:
I need to say that now I REALLY WANT RADIO COMMUNICATION for this project.

Mobile phone

xdd, sorry i meant radio communcation using fm radio modules or something. It looks I must do some research myself because you guys are just trolling me

Legalities aside, and as a licenced amateur myself (as are I'm sure a number of members here) I'm very reluctant to put those aside, the technicalities of building viable handheld radios in either the amateur vhf/uhf bands or the free family radio bands are immense.

Buy yourselves a box of family band radios.... or get ham licences so you can use the repeaters in your area.

TomasRoj:
We want to talk via that so lora doesnt seem to be the good option.

Then I reckon the whole idea is completely impractical.

If it was not it there would be commercial devices already on the market to take business away from mobile phones.

...R

Shhhh

It looks I must do some research myself

An excellent idea!