Pads on ends if a PCB?

There are pads on both ends of a 5 pack of PCB I bought in ebay. I figured they were meant for use with pogo pins, but they don’t have any traces running to any of the through holes, and they don’t even conduct to the same pad position on the back side of the board. What are they used for?

Whatever you want them to be used for.

mirith:
Whatever you want them to be used for.

Pretty much the case.

Generally, these were for edge connectors, though you might have to remove the corner divots to use them for such.

The ones you picture (in superfluous resolution to which the focus fails to do justice) are not particularly suited to that however - I think they just put them there to make it look pretty. :smiley:

Paul__B: I think they just put them there to make it look pretty. :D

Probably.

I use them as jumping points for wires that go outside the board (power wires, jumpers to other boards, etc...) You can solder quite thick wire to them - much thicker than will fit in one of the holes.

You can bridge pads together by putting a wire on the gap between two pads and soldering across it. This makes "power rails" from your incoming power wires.

Paul__B: Generally, these were for edge connectors,

I think the ones on those boards are a bit too short for edge connectors, especially after you solder a wire to them.

They could be used in a test jig with pogo pins....but It seems unlikely that you'd be producing enough of anything on those boards to require a test jig.

Paul__B: Generally, these were for edge connectors, though you might have to remove the corner divots to use them for such. The ones you picture (in superfluous resolution to which the focus fails to do justice) are not particularly suited to that however - I think they just put them there to make it look pretty. :D

Edge connectors usually go right to the edge of the board. These ones don't.

Thanks guys