Paid Help for help rebuilding exhibits using MIDI with arduino in Dallas, TX

Hi,

My company is offering paid help building exhibits that use Arduino using MIDI signals that play both physical instruments and synthesized sounds. The job entails advanced knowledge of writing sketches, knowlege of MIDI in/out/through, use of arduino and knowledge of building and troubleshooting circuits. This project is in Dallas, TX and there is a possibility of future projects. Name your price per hour.

Below is a description of the 3 projects.

In a general sense, each of the segments of the MIDI Sound Studio is behaving in a similar way: Each station has a synthesizer/MIDI signal handler which either plays sounds through a speaker, or passes MIDI signals on to the attached MIDI decoder board. The Miditron MIDI decoder board on each section receives MIDI messages from the synthesizer/MIDI adapter, and processes these signals. The board then turns on or off outputs based on these signals; these outputs are connected to the gate of a FET on the FET boards (FET = Field Effect Transistor: a transistor that uses an electric field to control the shape and hence the conductivity of a channel of one type of charge carrier in a semiconductor material). When the FET board is activated, the source pin grounds to the drain. Each of the acutators for the instruments on the wall (ie motors, solenoids, etc) is attached to the source pin of one of the FETs, and when the FET is activated, the actuator “plays” the instrument. In summary: 1) The MIDI signal is generated by either a computer (Patcher and Sequencer) or trigger module (drums):

2) The MIDI signal is passed to the synthesizer (synthesizer is integrated into the USB-MIDI interface for the Patcher and Sequencer, and is part of the Drum Trigger Module for the drums):

3) The synthesizer generates sound based on the MIDI signal (which is either ignored, or sent to the speaker) and passes the MIDI message out to the Miditron MIDI decoder board, which is connected by a MIDI cable to the synthesizer:

4) The MIDI decoder board interprets the MIDI message. The message consists of channel, note, and velocity information; if the message matches the channel and note number of one of its outputs, the output is turned on or off, depending on the message velocity. 5) When a decoder board output is activated (set to an output of 5V), the 5V signal is applied to the “gate” of an N-channel FET (Field Effect Transistor). When the gate of the FET is high, it allows the FET to conduct, and provides a ground path for whatever is connected to the “source” of the FET. 6) Concurrently, the actuator (motor, solenoid) for every instrument on the wall is connected to the high side of a power supply continuously, and the low side of the actuator is connected to the “source” of the FET; when the FET activates, it provides a ground path to the actuator, and the actuator can “play” the instrument.

Please message me back if you are interested.

Thanks,

Adam

I have something ready to go for you that might suit all your needs. It was a MIDI controlled interface that fired FETs to drive solenoid to play a hang drum. Unfortunately the client has stop communicating with me and i now have a completed device looking to be put to good use.

All the code and the hardware is designed and working and ready to go.

You can see it in action here on Google drive Hang Drum

If this development is of any use to you then please get in touch and we can start talking.

You can contact me either through the forum or at Peter@EmbeddedAT.com

Cheers Pete