pan/tilt with motion detector ?

i’ve tried to setup a pan tilt servo and a pir alarm. but the servos are interrupted by pir alarm.
is there a way to run both or stop pir after a set time?
i dont remember where but i thought i saw that you could have camera respond to motion area?

this is pan tilt code…

#include <Servo.h>  

int ServoHorizontalPin = 3;   
int ServoVerticalPin =  4;   
int HorizontalPotPin = A0;  
int VerticalPotPin = A1;  
int ServoH_Min = 50;  
int ServoH_Max = 180; 
int ServoV_Min = 0; 
int ServoV_Max = 180; 

Servo HorizontalServo;  
Servo VerticalServo;    

int HorizontalPotValue;         
int HorizontalServoPosition;    
int VerticalPotValue;         
int VerticalServoPosition;    

void setup()   
{
  HorizontalServo.attach(ServoHorizontalPin);   
  VerticalServo.attach(ServoVerticalPin);         
}

void loop()  
{
  HorizontalPotValue  = analogRead(HorizontalPotPin); 
  VerticalPotValue  = analogRead(VerticalPotPin);  
  HorizontalServoPosition  = map(HorizontalPotValue, 0, 1023, ServoH_Min , ServoH_Max); 
  VerticalServoPosition  = map(VerticalPotValue, 0, 1023, ServoV_Min , ServoV_Max);   
  HorizontalServo.write(HorizontalServoPosition);       
  VerticalServo.write(VerticalServoPosition);       
  delay(20);    
}

All I see if some code that will move two servos based on the values of two potentiometers. How does a PIR figure into this?

where or how would i put it in so it doesnt stall servo?

looking at : "Demonstration code for several things at the same time" post,should i be putting pir code in its own {} in loop ?

Use a write statement before you use attach. This will keep the servos from moving past their limits when the servo starts.

myservo.writeMicroseconds(1500);
  myServo.attach(SERVO_PIN);

IMO, you're much better off using microseconds to set servo position than pretending you're setting the position with degrees.

I posted some joystick/servo code here which you might find useful. Reply #23 has links to videos of the code in action.

The code is non-blocking so you should be able to add code to check the PIR sensors. It will take a bit of work to use the sensor data to produce meaningful servo position targets but once you have a target position figured out, the algorithms in the code will move the servos to these targets smoothly.

all i see is "it didnt work" in replies and i dont get how they got it to work. then when i compiled it saved it and i lost my code anyway. changed that setting. thanks anyway. i'll go with sweep,eliminate joystick and try to figure out a manual rest on pir.