Panel mountable LCD character module

Where can one buy a panel mountable LCD character module? The google-fu is weak with this one :(

mkwired: Where can one buy a panel mountable LCD character module? The google-fu is weak with this one :(

Can you explain what is a panel mountable LCD? All character LCDs I've seen have mounting holes so are you seeking panels to mount an LCD or looking for LCDs to mount to a particular panel?

I typically have my face plates laser cut at ponoko or do it myself on an enclosure with a dremel rotation tool.

I want to mount a 2x16 character LCD into an enclosure. Ideally, I would like something like the product linked below. I know it's a current meter. The problem I see is that I will need to dremel out the slot, drill the four holes, find the correct length stand-offs, and get the right screws that's if I use a standard display. I'm hoping someone sells 2x16 character LCD modules like the one below so all I have to do is dremel out the slot and drop in the display.

http://www.adafruit.com/products/574

OK, this time I understand. You want an LCD with a bezel, which can be pushed inside of a dremel-cut hole and look decent. I suggest you buy full-size LCD bezel. With the right LCD, the bezel covers the LCD circuit board, some with a plastic window. My problem is I can't find the right size bezel for 16*2 displays. I saw too many 8*2 bezels. I looked on digikey.com for a while and gave up. What if you order a laser-cut face plate with an opening the size of the display and 4 holes for mounting. I've seen products mounted with long screws, nuts and a spacer, cut from a long rigid tube to the exact length. As long as you are ok showing 4 screw heads on the front side, you can do it that way. I consider mounting a display one of the most difficult tasks in my projects.