PANIC mode -- Help locating Arduino sensor package for weather data collection.

I am beginning to get desperate as time is running out on me.

My daughter's teacher has asked me to send up a High Altitude Balloon as part of a class project studying weather.

I've made many launches to take photos only, but have no means of obtaining and recording temperature (inside payload and out), humidity, pressure and GPS data during the flight so the kids can analyze after the flight.

I am down to two weeks before launch and so far am without a payload.

As much as I would love to learn and put together something from scratch, I am afraid that my time constraint is going to hamper that.

I picked up an Arduino Uno to play with, but have yet to fire it up.

If any kind soul can throw me a bone and give me a jumpstart on this project, I would be much appreciative.

I was considering the Uno, SD data logger,high altitude capable GPS, sensor shield and the various sensors for recording atmospheric data.

I believe it would all work, but I have no idea how to create the code to have the Arduino poll the sensors and GPS and write it to the SD card for retrieval after the flight. It would also need to be in a format I can read and graph to show the kids.

Thanks!!!!
Aaorn

You might want to look into something like the logger shield: Data-Logger Shield for Arduino.

Are you expecting to retrieve the balloon, or do you also need to have the data transmitted to some sort of ground station?

PeterH:
Are you expecting to retrieve the balloon, or do you also need to have the data transmitted to some sort of ground station?

Yes, I have APRS tracking as well as a SPOT on board as a backup. Previous flights have been easy to locate with APRS and iPhone.

storm:
You might want to look into something like the logger shield: Data-Logger Shield for Arduino.

Thanks! I'll check it out.

Hey!
Our balloon club at Auburn just bought one of these to play with: http://www.sparkfun.com/products/9530
It looks like it will be simpler to use than implementing the SD library on the arduino (which is what we currently do). It also eliminates the need for a level shifter interface with the SD card!