Parameter.h no such file when it is in the same directory

I have four files in my directory
gateway-firmware-mesh.ino, config.h, credentials.h and parameters.h in the same folder.
When I try to upload the compiler can see the config.h file but can't see the parameters.h file. All the files are in the same folder. Why can't Arduino 1.8.15 see parameters.h I am happy to pay someone to help me here.

I'm going to ask you to post some additional information that might help us to identify the problem.

Please do this:

1. When you encounter an error, you'll see a button on the right side of the orange bar in the Arduino IDE: Copy error messages (or the icon that looks like two pieces of paper at the top right corner of the black console window in the Arduino Web Editor). Click that button.
  2. Open a forum reply here by clicking the Reply button.
  3. Click the </> icon on the post composer toolbar. This will add the forum's code block markup (```) to your reply to make sure the error messages are correctly formatted.
    Code block
  4. Press Ctrl+V. This will paste the compilation output into the code block.
  5. Move the cursor outside of the code block markup before you add any additional text to your reply.
  6. Click the Reply button to post the output.

you may need to change

#include <library.h>

to

#include "library.h"

both config.h and credentials.h are ""
#include "config.h"
#include "credentials.h"

good idea though.

Parameters.h is not parameters.h on some file systems

Make sure you do not have the file name misspelled, and that there is not a space within the filename - on a Windows system, a file named "parameters (copy).h" in the same directory will give the compiler problems.

Difficult to know that since you did not actually post the code.

Sorry, I apologise. It was late when I posted my question.
The lines should be
#include "config.h"
#include "parameters.h"

Arduino: 1.8.15 (Windows 10), Board: "ESP32 Wrover Module, Huge APP (3MB No OTA/1MB SPIFFS), QIO, 80MHz, 921600, None"

gateway-firmware-mesh.ino:35:99: fatal error: parameters.h: No such file or directory

compilation terminated.

exit status 1

parameters.h: No such file or directory

This report would have more information with
"Show verbose output during compilation"
option enabled in File -> Preferences.

I tried renaming parameters.h to Parameters.h but arduino ide still could not find the file.

Please rename it back to parameters.h. I can see from the output you posted that is the case used in the #include directive.

Do you see parameters.h in the Arduino IDE as a tab alongside the "gateway-firmware-mesh" tab?

please see the screenshot uploaded

Please do this:

1. Open the problematic sketch in the Arduino IDE.
  2. Select Sketch > Show Sketch Folder from the Arduino IDE's menus. This will open the sketch folder in File Explorer.
  3. Take a screenshot of the sketch folder.
  4. Post the screenshot in a reply here.

Hopefully that will give us the clue we need to determine the cause of the problem.

There you go!

Great! I can see the problem. The Windows File Explorer has an annoying feature that allows the file extensions of known file types to be hidden. You have that feature enabled. So the file you think is named parameters.h is actually named "parameters.h.ino". The error message was right to say that there was no such file as "parameters.h".

Your primary sketch file is named "gateway-firmware-mesh.ino.ino" If you rename that one, make sure to also remove the ".ino" from the folder name, since the folder name must match the primary sketch filename.

Similarly, the file shown as "config.h" is actually named "config.h.ino". It looks like the "credentials.h' file is truly named as such.

I very much recommend turning off that silly feature. But if you do prefer it that way, you will probably have learned to watch out for this thing in the future and so be able to avoid running into it again.

Thank you! When I scroll to the top menu bar option "View" there is an option unchecked called "File name extensions" once clicked I can now see the files have extensions like parameters.h.ino.