Parking program

Hello everybody! I am sorry for reviving this topic with my problem, but I hope you can help me.
I am doing also a vertical rotary parking system for my last year project at faculty. It will be a "residential parking", based on 6 parking slots, each one with its own RFID tag. When I will read the tag, the parking slot will come down to park or to remove the RC car.
Until now i have read the ID of each card, but i don't know how to assign the ID to a specific parking slot and to activate the stepper motor(nema 17) to move to the specific location using the RFID.
As development board i am using the arduino mega 2560 with the motor driver drv8825. I have played a little bit with the stepper to understand how it works, but i don't know how to programme it now.
I would really need your help with any advice, codes or logic.
Thank you and sorry if I made mistakes.

Split from an old topic

What have you tried so far ?

valentin14:
Until now i have read the ID of each card, but i don’t know how to assign the ID to a specific parking slot and to activate the stepper motor(nema 17) to move to the specific location using the RFID.

That sounds like jumbled thinking. Separating things will make the logic easier.

Suppose you assign a number 0 to 5 to each of the parking slots. Maybe you need 7 slots (0 to 6) to include the bottom or loading/unloading position?

Then you can associate each RFID number with one of the 6 parking slot numbers

You probably also need to associate a stepper motor position with each slot.

And then the problem becomes one of getting the stepper motor to move to or from the slot that has been identified from the RFID card.

…R

valentin14:
I am doing also a vertical rotary parking system .

It will be a "residential parking", based on 6 parking slots, each one with its own RFID tag.

When I will read the tag, the parking slot will come down to park or to remove the RC car.

Until now i have read the ID of each card, but i don't know how to assign the ID to a specific parking slot

seems that you need to separately locate a slot and then move the car into the slot

you have the problem of finding an empty slot to put a car into and find a slot with a matching rfid.

a 2 dimensional array (level, slot) can be searched for a slot with a matching RFID. When a car is removed from a slot, set the corresponding RFID value to zero indicating it is empty.

presumably you know how to drive the motor to a specific slot