Parking Sensor Disabling.

Hi all.

Today i made a Garage parking sensor, which i have mounted on the rear wall of the garage, has my wife and myself always reverse into our garage.

I have used 3, SRD - 05 Volt relays, to power up 3 different colored 240 vac lamps, instead of 3 colored LED's.

Main problem now is that the vehicle is parked, in front of the Sensor and the lights will not go off. So i obviously need a timer of some sort to turn the 240 vac lamps off, can anyone recommend a simple way to do this ?

Regards

Ray

When you turn the lights on, set a variable with the value of millis(). After that, check the new value of millis() against the recorded value each time through loop(). When the difference between the new value of millis() and the recorded value of millis() is the on time of the lights, turn the lights off.

gresleyman:
Hi all.

Today i made a Garage parking sensor, which i have mounted on the rear wall of the garage, has my wife and myself always reverse into our garage.

I have used 3, SRD - 05 Volt relays, to power up 3 different colored 240 vac lamps, instead of 3 colored LED's.

Main problem now is that the vehicle is parked, in front of the Sensor and the lights will not go off. So i obviously need a timer of some sort to turn the 240 vac lamps off, can anyone recommend a simple way to do this ?

Regards

Ray

Hi

How you'd measure the distance a.k.a. how your system knows where your car is?

TommiP

Hi again.

I am using an HC-SR04 IR sensor.

gresleyman:
I am using an HC-SR04 IR sensor.

That's Ultra-Sonic, not Infra-Red.

But groundFungus' suggestion is the way to go.

Read all the above a few times and didn't see any reference to infrared.

bluejets:
didn't see any reference to infrared.

See posts #3 & #4

Turn off the lights when distance reading has stopped changing? Put in some margin so random noise doesn't trigger it.

Hi.

Sorry for the mistake, it's an age thing, yes i am using Ultrasonic.

I prefer a really high-tec solution to the garage parking problem. An old tennis ball suspended from the ceiling on a bit of string positioned so that when correctly parked the ball just touches the centre of the back window. Easily viewable through the rear view mirror !

But how do you tell when the ball is touching? Does it roll away to right/left?

Hi,
What part of the car have you got the ultrasonic unit aimed at?
How high?

Tom... :slight_smile:

I use a plank of wood and two bricks. You “feel” the plank as you hit it and with such low revs on the car you can’t drive over it.

Hi,
At my childhood home our garage had a dirt floor, so all you did was roll in and let the car find to four ruts in the ground.

When we got a new car, sedan to stationwagon, dad had to move two of the ruts. :o :o

Tom… :slight_smile: