part reference riddle

i have two SMD oscillators , they have the exact same frequency but one of them is 1.8v and the other is 5v . the thing is i cant understand the stuff written on the oscillators , and i cant find anything like it in google either .

part 1 has "C14.318 AKER An" written on top of it
part 2 has "Y14.318 AKER Af" written on top of it

which one is the 5v volt one ?

Try them on low voltage first? If the first one works, it is probably the 1.8v one.

Weedpharma

sir i cant supply a voltage lower than 3.3v . isn't the reference enough to figure the voltage ?

If Google does not know the part then how are we to know what it is?

The part number means something to the manufacturer and as the only difference is one letter at the end, it does not mean anything to others like me.

Weedpharma

It's an aker brand part (Taiwanese crystal manufacturer,) but I can't find where they explain the coding on the top of their parts

Manfacturers code numbers aren't easy to find, generally,

As suggested try them on 1.8V or lower, the 5V part is unlikely to do anything till a few volts, the 1.8V part should cope at 1.5V or lower, though perhaps out-of-spec.

MarkT:
Manfacturers code numbers aren't easy to find, generally,

The markings as their meaning are usually right on the datasheet. But how to find datasheet without part number? That's the hard part.

amine2:
sir I cant supply a voltage lower than 3.3v.

Do you not have 1.5 V "Dry cells" where you live?

People use them to operate things commonly called "flashlights" or "torches".

C is 5
Y is 1.8

Out of pure curiosity, how did you find this???

Weedpharma

weedpharma:
Out of pure curiosity, how did you find this???

Persistent use of Google I would say!

Google image search aker crystal till I found a crystal with a similar form of markings, then clicked it and the page it was on listed the part numbers for various voltages

DrAzzy:
Google image search aker crystal till I found a crystal with a similar form of markings,

Combined Google and visual search, eh?

Human brain still wins. :grinning:

amine2:
sir i cant supply a voltage lower than 3.3v . isn't the reference enough to figure the voltage ?

weedpharma gave you a great suggestion (especially since I can't seem to find any info online and I'll bet you couldn't either).

You need 1.8 volts? Try a new AA alkaline cell. It will be around 1.6 volts and surely will be able to run the 1.8 volt part.

Paul__B:
Do you not have 1.5 V "Dry cells" where you live?

People use them to operate things commonly called "flashlights" or "torches".

Oops missed your dry cell suggestion. Sorry... I posted the same thing.

Krupski:
weedpharma gave you a great suggestion (especially since I can't seem to find any info online and I'll bet you couldn't either).

But DrAzzy could (and I gave it a try too with modest result). :grinning:

Paul__B:
But DrAzzy could (and I gave it a try too with modest result). :grinning:

I'll admit that I didn't try very hard.... :slight_smile:

thank you for the attention guys . so i took the risk and picked one of both of them by chance . when connected to a 5v rail . it did not heat up and it seemed to generate a frequency . i guess that one is the 5v . thank you for the solution guys :slight_smile:

But - knowing which is which now, did you pick the right one?

yes , i needed the 5v and picked the 5v :slight_smile: . thank you Paul .