Parts for the Arduino-Star-Finder-for-Telescopes

Dose Arduino have a catalog of its parts. I tried to price out parts for the above project but could not find all of them on this site. How do I price and order the needed parts.

Starwatch

I think the only things you'll find on this site are the actual Arduino boards themselves and some generic add-ons like motor shields.

Just because your project uses an Arduino board, that doesn't mean it's an Arduino project in any official sense, as in "supported" by this Arduino site.

Your best bet, assuming the project author has provided a BOM, or you can at least deduce a BOM from the schematics, is to go to the sites of reputable suppliers like adafruit, sparkfun, Digikey and Mouser.

And if there are some funnies you can't source, it's likely that someone here will have some ideas, but then you would need to say explicitly that you need an xyz.

Is this the project.

Leo..

Hi,
This the project "packaged".

The "destructible" author has another picture showing a UNO? :o :o :o

Tom... :slight_smile:

starwatch:
Dose Arduino have a catalog of its parts. I tried to price out parts for the above project but could not find all of them on this site. How do I price and order the needed parts.

Starwatch

The Arduino used is a MEGA, you do not need to build/make it you purchase it.

You need to google the parts, the author even mentions some suppliers.
Adafuit, Sparkfun, Digikey, Mouser....

Can you please tell us your electronics, programming, Arduino, hardware experience?

Note that this appears to be built for a particular telescope, probably the most expensive part of the project.

Thanks.. Tom.. :slight_smile:

It seems a shame to go to all that huuuuge trouble and still have breadboards?

gwareloth:
It seems a shame to go to all that huuuuge trouble and still have breadboards?

I have asked the author of the destructible to post a schematic.
The start of the layout.

Tom... :slight_smile: