PC Doesn't Shutdown If I Plug in Arduino

Hi I am new on Arduino. My problem is just what i said at the subject. If I plug in my Arduino to my PC, after my work i try to shutdown my pc, my monitor shuts down but my cases leds and fans still stay open and everytime it happens i need to press restart button on my case and shutdown pc again. I searched this problem in google but i couldn't find anything, what should I do? My English is not so good. Sorry for that.

It might help is we knew which particular Arduino board and you OS ? Also what sketch you last sent to the board in case it is some form of HID (Human Interface Device) sketch that is keeping it active.

ballscrewbob: It might help is we knew which particular Arduino board and you OS ? Also what sketch you last sent to the board in case it is some form of HID (Human Interface Device) sketch that is keeping it active.

Sorry I forgot to inform about my devices. My OS is Windows 10 Pro x64 and i use Arduino UNO. I newly begin to use Arduino and I just made some basic things like open led etc. But it always happens since the first time I plug in it.

Not 100% sure but I suspect a power management issue under windows 10.

It does seem so similar to an issue I once had but I cannot be sure.

Your choice just to test, but try the following.

Control Panel
Power Options
Select High Performance
Select Change Plan Settings

On the next screen select Change advanced power settings
Find USB and change USB selective suspend setting to ENABLED

Find PCI express and turn link state power management to OFF (probably not needed)

Those are the ones I found to help me.
There are some even deeper ones but they are the easiest to deal with.

ballscrewbob: Not 100% sure but I suspect a power management issue under windows 10.

It does seem so similar to an issue I once had but I cannot be sure.

Your choice just to test, but try the following.

Control Panel Power Options Select High Performance Select Change Plan Settings

On the next screen select Change advanced power settings Find USB and change USB selective suspend setting to ENABLED

Find PCI express and turn link state power management to OFF (probably not needed)

Those are the ones I found to help me. There are some even deeper ones but they are the easiest to deal with.

It worked. Thank you so much :)

Phew... Thanks for letting us know and glad you are sorted out.