PC error message - any help?

I keep getting this error message at startup and on several occasions when I am using “Advanced renamer”, which I used to run without problems. Other time it appears when I’m operating file folders etc. Apparently something is wrong and I can’t find which:

The path is not completely shown. I’m running vista 64 home. I looked into event log and found nothing (I’m not too sure where to look). So when this type of error shows up, where can I find the complete message and the source of the error (like which program so I can uninstall it)?

Thank you!

What’s with the forum doing all caps? At least give us small caps?! Are we simulating apple ]![ or just traveling back in time? :wink:

C++ run time error.gif

check - http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_vista-system/error-message-runtime-error-r6034/8b7bf030-6d79-4371-94d8-012ca2e385aa -

Wow, very long replies. Got to sit down for the read. Thanks.

Don't have vista, but all windows should have the system file checker.

Open up start->Run->cmd.exe

You may need to run it as administrator. In Windows seven I can search cmd.exe right click and hit Run As Administrator.

Then simply type:

sfc /scannow

It will check all the windows core files.

Thanks pYro! The check took about an hour and filled the CBS log file with about 1MB of text log. The program said it found corrupt files and fixed them. I'll let you know how it goes after I reboot.