Pc will not see Arduino board

Good morning all

I hope someone here can help. I’m a first time Arduino user and it’s causing me a bit of a headache.

I am trying to build a dash for sim racing using sim hub and a nextion monitor.
i purchased an Arduino pro micro from Amazon when I connect it to my computer nothing happens apart form the red light on the board lights up. No drivers try to install and simhub can’t detect the board. It’s not connected to the monitor but I do have the vcc gnd and signal attached to port 6 would that stop windows from installing the driver?

When I go into device manager nothing appears when I connect it. I have tried using different cables and difffeent USB ports on the computer. I don’t get any sounds when I plug it in... I’m now out of ideas. Please help

This is the board I have

KeeYees Pro Micro ATmega32U4 5V 16MHz Micro USB Development Board Module Microcontroller Replace ATmega328 for Arduino Leonardo Bootloader

Thank you

Have you tried it in the actual IDE ?
Installing the IDE would normally add drivers for a selection of AVR boards which may be useful un your case.

Could you also take a few moments to Learn How To Use The Forum.

Other general help and troubleshooting advice can be found here.
It will help you get the best out of the forum in the future.

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.