PC2002LRU-ASO-B and Tutorial LiquidCrystal - only black boxes in lines

Hi,
please can you help me? I have already worked with Arduino Uno but now I would need to understand one LCD display, its name is
PC2002LRU-ASO-B
I hope as I have understand, this display has an another name too, from ACM2002D series from A-Z Displays. There I have read this display is compatible with Hitachi driver so I was happy and followed tutorial with "Hello" :

I have connected the pins as seen on the picture in tutorial, have an potenciometer and flashed the code written on the page.

But the display shows only blacken boxes and only one line from twos, like on this picture:

What is wrong?
Many thanks

Can you please remove the lcd from the breadboard and take a photo of the wiring side, and another
photo of the end of the cable where it connects to your arduino. We need to see the wiring connections
at both ends.

Hoi,

But the display shows only blacken boxes and only one line from twos, like on this picture:
http://www.mikrozone.sk/obrazky/contents_images/0073/00.73.08.jpg

This is normal and shows you, that the LCD is correctly wired so that it can start and init (on a 4x20 display you would see these boxes in Line 1 and Line 3).

The settings:

// initialize the library with the numbers of the interface pins
LiquidCrystal lcd(12, 11, 5, 4, 3, 2);

must (mostly) connected to the LCD as following:

ARDUINO LCD
12 4 (Rs)
11 6 (E)
5 11 (DB4)
4 12 (DB5)
3 13 (DB6)
2 14 (DB7)

If you have a datasheet of your lcd, verify these pins.

And as Chewbacca asked for: send a pic from your setup so that we can see the wiring.

I have connected the pins as seen on the picture in tutorial, have an potenciometer and flashed the code written on the page.

How about this?

* LCD R/W pin to ground

Don

floresta:

If he connected it as in the tutorial all is good
How about this?

* LCD R/W pin to ground

Don

If he connected it as in the tutorial all is good

There is a difference between connecting a circuit as illustrated and thinking that you have connected a circuit as illustrated.

Don