PCB construction Time lapse

Hello everybody

I decided to make a video of me making my tenth board, this is for my 3d pov music visulizer project.

I'm using the toner transfer method so it takes a while, by the time I found a afordable faster alternative it was to late.

Tell me what you think, this is my first time designing and making my own boards.

Link doesn't work for two reasons:

a) you have quotes around the URL
b) you missed the ':' after 'http'

No I did both the things you said, I don't know why it didn't work. This way is better anyway.

what are you doing with the candle?

To burn the enamel off the magnet wire, I was using for leads(recycled washing machine motor)

Wow, that's a lot of work.

That was only one of the boards, I have made 10 of them.

So I have spent 50+ hours doing that over the last two weeks after school.

But it didn't seem that long, because I like working with my hands :smiley:

I want to see it working.

I will say one thing, after seeing this I am going to continue sending my PCB CAD files out to OSHPark or Bay Area Circuits and letting them do the dirty work. :grin:

JoeN:
I want to see it working.

I will say one thing, after seeing this I am going to continue sending my PCB CAD files out to OSHPark or Bay Area Circuits and letting them do the dirty work. :grin:

+1. They should steal his video as part of a sales pitch.

JoeN: I will post up a video when its done

There are better and faster ways to make boards at home, next time I will try using dry film for the image and reflow. I estimate that could take the construction time down to 2 hours or less.