PCB delivery times

The question comes up of how long it takes to get PCBs.

On 22 Dec 2020 I ordered twenty-lots of two different PCBs from itead.cc (Itead Studio).
They arrived via DHL today.
So, 9 day total time from gerber file upload to delivery.

China to US. I think it takes longer to the UK.
US to UK takes forever, sometimes a little longer.

PerryBebbington:
China to US. I think it takes longer to the UK.
US to UK takes forever, sometimes a little longer.

The problem isn't on the sending end. Chinese exporters ship within days, but the incoming customs can take weeks to clear.

Nice people there,

“If my dear you use drills, slots, separate outlines to divide your board (like the condition below), it may cost you extra fee for it. “

a7

I've never done any slots or anything besides standalone boards.
Normal drills for mounting holes, or tons of vias for regular connections of traces, or for protoboard areas, have not cost any extra.

Ordered boards from China, PCBway, delivered to central Canada to the front door.

2nd last time took 5 days from uploading Grebers.

Last time took 6 days from Gerbers.

Select DHL at checkout.

Not too bad. My 21/12 order with Seeed has still not shipped... not used to that, they're normally faster. Obviously they did observe the holidays (not all mainland companies do this).

Shipping won't have been cheap for you, though. I'm guessing more than the cost of the boards themselves. Even for me (Shenzhen is less than half an hour by train - albeit the border is closed) shipping is almost as much as what I pay for the boards themselves!

Typically from Itead to uk it’s about 4weeks .

The Chinese New Year may affect things around now.

Not yet, this is due to Christmas mostly. CNY is 12 Feb, with most factories and businesses closed from about 9 Feb until about 22 Feb. Exact dates vary, factories tend to close longer than offices.

Hi,
From JLCPCB to Australia, my workplace projects take 3 to 5 working days, DHL.
From upload to delivery.

Tom… :slight_smile:
PS, Delivery China to Australia if you look on the globe is all downhill. :o :slight_smile: :o :slight_smile:

TomGeorge:
PS, Delivery China to Australia if you look on the globe is all downhill. :o :slight_smile: :o :slight_smile:

So it is so slow as it is entirely dependent on gravity?

Paul__B:
So it is so slow as it is entirely dependent on gravity?

Yes, there is this big obstruction called the "Equatorial Region". :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :o :o :o
Just like travelling (when you are allowed) from Victoria to Queensland and back, the problem is New South Wales in between.

Let me see - do I not recall that - due to centrifugal force or such - that the earth is actually wider at the equator? So it has to get "over the hump".

I have the distinct impression that the stuff gets here relatively quickly, then may spend weeks in "quarantine" while customs and Australia Post cogitate on what to do with it.

I think there is an element of motivation here too. As I understand it - could be wrong - but there is a general agreement that the public post in each country is solely the responsibility of that country, so that that country's facilities (including staff) are responsible for getting out of the country, what is directed overseas, and distributing within the country what is received from overseas. But they are only paid for the former.

So there is this serious deluge of incoming mail from China, and virtually the only thing travelling by post outbound is infant formula, so Australia Post is expending effort delivering material for which they are not being paid, and it hardly surprises me that it is processed as slowly as possible! :roll_eyes:

The postal service does have to pay for the warehousing storing all those incoming parcels... so that's an argument for not letting inbound mail linger. Often when I get parcels from Europe it takes like a week or two (currently even longer for lack of cargo space) before it's on a plane to Hong Kong, but upon arrival here it's 1-2 days until it's delivered to my doorstep.

I heard before that international post does pay each other for the parcels that go back and forth. Though pricing is interesting, once I had to return a parcel to Switzerland, and my postage fee was like 10% of what they paid to ship it to me!

Hi,

Believe me DHL is 3 to 5days to Australia.

We order stuff from E14 and RS, if it is not in stock it is still basically 4 to 8 working days wait, so imported goods are not going through AustPost or their import handling bottle neck.

Tom... :slight_smile: