Pcb Mounting hardware

Hi all

Quick question. I’ve mounted a nano board and resistors/wires to a small 6x4cm breadboard and need to attach this to an alloy plate approx 2mm thick.

I’m not used to working on such a small scale so not sure what my options are. The mounting holes in the breadboard are very small, possibly only 2-3 mm. need approx 5mm clearance below the board for solder joints etc.

What sort of thing should I be looking at.
Thanks.
Dave

Nylon nuts, bolts and standoffs works for me

double sided foam tape. classless but works.

Use M2 brass standoffs:

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/Qty100-M2-Knurled-Brass-Spacer-Standoff-Female-Female/182524389953?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

I would stick with plastic hardware. The holes in the nano are very close to active circuits.

Nylon standoff

or

Adhesive

or

more adhesive

Thanks. Couldn’t for the life of me think what they were called, stand offs - poor Google fu on my account

Dave71:
Thanks. Couldn’t for the life of me think what they were called, stand offs - poor Google fu on my account

If only someone had thought to mention them earlier in the thread, say in post #1 :slight_smile:

UKHeliBob:
If only someone had thought to mention them earlier in the thread, say in post #1 :slight_smile:

But Dave did not actually come back to the forum until no less than four people had answered. :grinning:

Some people actually spend 23 or more hours on pursuits other than this forum, strange to say! :roll_eyes: