PCB printing device

Hello everyone!

Let me introduce myself first. My name is Eugene, I work in a startup incubator located in NYC. My goal is to make the incubator better, acquiring some interesting and useful devices and stuff.

Recently, I have found this project on the Kickstarter https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/botfactory/squink-the-personal-electronic-circuit-factory?ref=card

So I would like to hear your opinion on this printer, since you guys are experts in this field. Is it worth the money? What do you think about this printer?

Many thanks, Eugene

You'd be better off supporting the much more economical AgIC Print project. If you really need the pick-and-place then try the RetroPopulator or Firepick Delta.

Looks like they are using a Zen ToolWorks CNC machine with a 3D printed add-on.

They would get a lot more interest if they sold the add-on(s) seperately for CNC machine owners.

Chagrin: You'd be better off supporting the much more economical AgIC Print project. If you really need the pick-and-place then try the RetroPopulator or Firepick Delta.

Do I get it right, that AgIC can print only on paper? Firepick looks really good, but I would prefer to have 1 device for all the operations.

EugeneDumboinc:

Chagrin: You'd be better off supporting the much more economical AgIC Print project. If you really need the pick-and-place then try the RetroPopulator or Firepick Delta.

Do I get it right, that AgIC can print only on paper? Firepick looks really good, but I would prefer to have 1 device for all the operations.

If it would help you decide, why not just walk over to the BYU lab that your fellows are developing the Firepick in and ask to try it out?