PCB with multiple MAX7219 and 7-segment LEDs

I am designing a PCB on which I will have 6 x MAX7219 each controlling 2 x 7-segment LEDs. I have Vcc and GND in connected to a 100nF ceramic capacitor in parallel with a 10uF electrolytic capacitor. The anode is then connected to Vcc on the first MAX7219 and a resistor from the Vcc is connected to LSet.

My question is; do I put two the same capacitors on the PCB for the other 5 MAX7219's? If so, do I take a feed direct from the PCB Vcc IN direct to each set of capacitors?

each IC needs it's own 100nF as close as possible next to it. Each is indeed just between Vcc and GND.

But why on earth do you use 6 MAX7219 for just 12 7-segment display's? You only need 2 because each can drive 8 7-segment displays giving you a total of 16 possible 7-segment displays... With 6 chips you can drive 48 displays...

Or do you really mean each MAX7219 is to control two four digit 7-segment LED displays?

Paul__B:
Or do you really mean each MAX7219 is to control two four digit 7-segment LED displays?

The first MAX is controlling 1x2-digit and 1x4-digit 7-segs, the other 5 are each controlling 2x 3-digit 7-segs.

So, for each IC I need a 100nF and 10uF as near to Vcc of the IC plus a resistor on LSet

AndyInSurrey:
The first MAX is controlling 1x2-digit and 1x4-digit 7-segs, the other 5 are each controlling 2x 3-digit 7-segs.

A lot more than your original post implied, Andy! You could save one max7219, at the expense of slightly complicating your code, and swapping some of your pairs of 3 digit displays with triplets of 2 digit displays.

AndyInSurrey:
So, for each IC I need a 100nF and 10uF as near to Vcc of the IC plus a resistor on LSet

Yes.