Pedestrian Traffic Controller

Hey everyone I am new to arduino and code. I have wired a Red,Yellow, Green traffic light to cycle with a relay shield and arduino uno. But I and wondering if anyone has done it or if it's possible to wire a pedestrian signal to go through the cycles. I can get the hand and the walk to light up and can only get the countdown to cycle through a test mode. Does anyone have any advice? Thank you.

Hi,
Welcome to the forum.

Please read the first post in any forum entitled how to use this forum.
http://forum.arduino.cc/index.php/topic,148850.0.html . Then look down to item #7 about how to post your code.
It will be formatted in a scrolling window that makes it easier to read.

Can you please post a copy of your circuit, in CAD or a picture of a hand drawn circuit in jpg, png?

Thanks... Tom.... :slight_smile:

Cody1212:
. Does anyone have any advice?

Not without seeing your program.

...R

Thanks guys. I do not have any code for the cross walk sign yet. I finished the street light and it works perfect but now stuck here on where to start for this one. The light has 3 wires on it and one is blue for the walk guy, one orange for the don't cross hand, and a white common. It also has 5 dip switches on the back. I just cant get the countdown to light up with the hand and was hoping someone had already done it and could tell me if I missed something simple.

Until you post your code and wiring diagram the best anyone can do is guess, mostly any guess would be a waste of time, please as noted above please post your code and wiring diagram

Hi,

Cody1212:
Thanks guys. I do not have any code for the cross walk sign yet. I finished the street light and it works perfect but now stuck here on where to start for this one. The light has 3 wires on it and one is blue for the walk guy, one orange for the don't cross hand, and a white common. It also has 5 dip switches on the back. I just cant get the countdown to light up with the hand and was hoping someone had already done it and could tell me if I missed something simple.

Even though you have no code for the crosswalk signs, we need to see your project so we know where to start.
As the walksign needs to be integrated into your existing code we need to see it.
Thanks.. Tom.. :slight_smile:

Sounds very possible to me. Assuming you did a halfway decent job with your existing program, that is - so no delay() for starters.