Perlin Noise on ATtiny84

Hey, I posted the other day asking about Perlin Noise for Arduino, and ended up going with the FastLED library.

I thought I might try it on ATtiny84, and I’m not too surprised it didn’t work.

I’m using these cores, which work very well. You can find the FastLED library here.

The code I’m trying to upload just uses the inoise8() function:

#include <FastLED.h>

int led = 5;
unsigned int noisePos;

void setup() {
  randomSeed(analogRead(0));
  noisePos = random(0, pow(2, sizeof(unsigned int) * 8));
  pinMode(led, OUTPUT);
}

void loop () {
  analogWrite(led, inoise8(noisePos));
  noisePos++;
  delay(10);
}

The error messages are as follows:

In file included from C:\Users-\Documents\Arduino\attiny_blink\attiny_blink.ino:1:0:

C:\Users-\Documents\Arduino\libraries\FastLED-3.1.3/FastLED.h:17:21: note: #pragma message: FastLED version 3.001.003

pragma message “FastLED version 3.001.003”

^

In file included from C:\Users-\Documents\Arduino\libraries\FastLED-3.1.3/FastLED.h:65:0,

from C:\Users-\Documents\Arduino\attiny_blink\attiny_blink.ino:1:

C:\Users-\Documents\Arduino\libraries\FastLED-3.1.3/fastspi.h:110:23: note: #pragma message: No hardware SPI pins defined. All SPI access will default to bitbanged output

pragma message “No hardware SPI pins defined. All SPI access will default to bitbanged output”

^

C:\Users-\Documents\Arduino\libraries\FastLED-3.1.3\FastLED.cpp: In member function ‘void CFastLED::delay(long unsigned int)’:

C:\Users-\Documents\Arduino\libraries\FastLED-3.1.3\FastLED.cpp:133:9: error: ‘yield’ was not declared in this scope

yield();

^

exit status 1
Error compiling for board ATtiny x4 series.

If it matters, I’m running the board on 16MHz external.

Any idea how to make this work? Thanks very much!

The pragma's are just messages, as I understand.

yield() is not yet supported in my core.

Comment out that line, line 133 in FastLED.cpp - as well as any other calls to yield() - and it should work.