Phase-angle controller for a ACIM

Can anyone tell me how the Arduino can be used as a phase-angle controller for a 1 phase split-phase 1/3 hp AC induction motor?

TIA

Perhaps a more appropriate question would be "how the Arduino can be used with a phase-angle controller for a 1 phase split-phase 1/3 hp AC induction motor?". You will probably need an appropriate controller which an arduino can interface.

Perhaps a more appropriate question would be "how the Arduino can be used with a phase-angle controller for a 1 phase split-phase 1/3 hp AC induction motor?".

OK :)

You will probably need an appropriate controller which an arduino can interface.

Is this something that can be made at home?

Alright, I admit, I am intimidated. :'(

What I have seen, in some cursory research, is a little board attached to the controlling end of an SSR. I suppose I was hoping that that board was a combination of op-amps, diodes, and transistors that could be replicated with individual components. I guess not... :(

I found a product called SSRMAN-1P from NuWave Technologies Inc. but I have not been able to find it for sale anywhere. Does know of something like this that is available?

I think I found what I need:

http://www.anaheimautomation.com/products/ac/ac-drivers-controllers-item.php?sID=340&pt=i&tID=944&cID=385

It does what I want and only costs $45! :D