It has been a while since I gave the phi-shield a major revision. I’ve been working on this for a while and now I am releasing the Phi-3 shield. This shield continues to support user interaction with LCDs and buttons. Here is a list of the features:
The following hardware are provided by the shield:
- 20X4 LCD with back light on/off control
- Six buttons (up/down/left/right/B/A)
- Two LED indicators
- MicroSD card slot
- Real-time clock (DS3231)
- EEPROM (32KB 24LC256)
- Connector for Adafruit Ultimate GPS module or Bluetooth module
- Stacking headers for easy access to all pins.
- Recessed board right edge for easy access to MEGA’s 18X2 pin headers on the right side.
- Reset button
- User-selectable menu (LCD + buttons)
- Number and text entry (LCD + buttons)
- Scrollable long text (LCD + buttons)
- Date and time (DS3231 or GPS)
- Location (GPS)
- Data and configuration storage (MicroSD card and EEPROM)
- Playing simple tones (speaker)
- Indicators (LEDs)
- Wireless connection (Bluetooth module)
There are three tiers of Phi-3 shield kits: kit0, kit1, and kit2, none of which includes a GPS module. The kits are immediately available. Buttons with color caps as pictured will be included while supplies last.
Here is the Phi-3 shield’s own page. There are links on the page to make purchases. Or you can visit the BUY page to see what stores carry this shield.
Video demonstrations will be available next week. Meanwhile, the support of Phi-2 shield will remain. If you need Phi-2 shields, I have them available.