phone handsfree bluetooth

I want to make my own handsfree unit with nice LCD touchscreen using mini pro(or similar) with bluetooth module from one of the many available.

I cannot figure out commands or how to send them to phone, etc.

So many data sheets etc but everything I try does not seem to work.

Can anyone point me in the right direction for example ...code/command to answer a call or hang up.. (so I get the idea)

I have several of these commercial bluetooth handsfree things and they are all pretty basic so must be easy to do I guess. (i.e. not phone specific related)

Thanks

but everything I try does not seem to work

What did you try so far?

I have several of these commercial bluetooth handsfree things

Which ones have you tried?

I think the majority atleast play the call thru bluetooth, I don't think the arduino is capable of handling sound like that, and the way I've seen most bluetooth modules is its a serial data type connection, which is useful to the arduino but not so much the device, you need to pair as a handsfree device and basically act like it, which personally haven't seen it done although im sure it has

florinc:

but everything I try does not seem to work

What did you try so far?

I have several of these commercial bluetooth handsfree things

Which ones have you tried?

What I have tried is the commercial ones for standard applications such as Uniden, Parrot, Blue Ant, etc but none of them are what I am after to use and to make and I do not like their functionality (or price of higher end versions).

I have tried sending commands based on the standard AT tables in Ascii, Hex,Byte, etc with different board rates, (even connected phone to computer serial to send in terminal to see what happens) but I must be missing something to make it work and respond.

For example I send out the command “AT” which from what I see should generate a response of “OK” but I do not get a response. I have tried sending out “AT” and chr(13) in the various ways above in case I need a CR to effect the command but I do not seem to get any response as I should expect.

I am thinking maybe I need a full string with start and end codes to work but I am lost on this.

I am not interested in voice just to be able to connect, query, send call/hangup so would have thought that was easy.