Photosensor test rig advice

Hi, for my work i have to often replace or repair small photosensors like this one.
http://www.farnell.com/datasheets/110958.pdf ← DATASHEET
I would like to use an arduino to set up like a test jig for the various different sensors that we use, and would like to hear advice on the best approach.

From the datasheet it is stated that the power supply should be 10v and output voltages would be something like 28v… How would i best make this work with an arduino? I would like to make this as portable as possible, battery powered would be useful, but it wouldn’t be the end of the world if i needed to plug a supply into it.

I would like to be able to just plug in and light an led to show if it is functioning or not…

Please, if you are reading this and have any idea’s just shout them out (proverbially speaking).

Thanks for reading

From the datasheet it is stated that the power supply should be 10v and output voltages would be something like 28v

It says no such thing.

It says that 10V is the absolute maximum, in other words exceed that and the part is dead.

The output is open collector, it generates no voltage at all. However if you connect it to a pull up resistor to greater than 28V you will blow the output transistor.

The device is Characteristics are for a 5V power supply so that connects directly to the Arduino with a 47K pull up resistor to 5V.

What is your Design Criteria for the Test Fixture ?
ie:
Test specifications for PASS/FAIL ?

What parameters do you wish to measure ?
(Voltage, current , Response time (propagation delay = toutput-tinput (uS)
Do you want to view the switching waveform on a scope (so you can take screenshots of “questionable” test results ?
Do you want to use an LCD to display Test Instructions for automated testing ?
ie:
“Place UUT in fixture, and connect leads to terminal block.”
“Press START,”
“UUT PASSED”

I would use Phoenix terminal blocks.
You’ll need some kind of device to switch the Input test voltage (ie: 10V) like a transistor or mosfet.
You can use the output to switch an opto-coupler to generate the feedback for the output to the arduino
so it can measure the response time.
You will need a current limiting resistor as a test load for the output transistor. (driving a led or incandesent green panel mount indicator lamp )

Thanks for the advice, you are right of course about my assumptions, totally didn't read datasheet carefully.

Am not looking to test in great detail, merely just responding or dead. so probably outputing to an led or something, perhaps becoming more involved later after initial tests.

Again, i really apreciate you both sharing your knowledge and time

Gambituk