Pi Pico SD card?

Hello Khoih-prog, That was the problem. Thank you. The SD card works perfectly. Thank you so much.

Joseph

That's good news. But if you'd like to use SD-card with Ethernet or another board sharing the same SPI-bus, remember to fix the bad MISO of your SD-card.

Also for completeness, you can also use the MBED core to verify the SD-card is working OK.

Yeah It shouldn't be a problem. I'm working in a data logger with ethernet on the pico. ToTake time and date as well as temperature over time in the SD card. Just normal stuff. And then Just display it over The ethernet. When i saw the Wiznet 5500 550io being ported to the pico. I was like YES because that is the only Ethernet modules i have. So now I'm on my way an to tackle the Next part of this project.

Thank you once again you are my newest online Friend :slight_smile: LOL

joseph

Hi,
I am using the default SPI pins to read-communicate with an SD card and I have run into a couple of issues. I am trying to create an Arduino program for the Pico Pi that reads 565 RGB video frames from an SD card and displays them on an LCD screen. Not rocket science I know. I am using Bodmer's TFT_eSPI library (converted to use SPI_1) and have gotten it running on both the Philhower core and the Mbed core... sort of. Painfully slow for the SD (SPI_0) reads. Also I am doing my best to convert to Mbed because the same screen frame writes on the Philower core are ~3X slower (Mbed: 46.5fps, Philhower: 17.5fps.) . But adding the SD reads drops the frame rate to 0.64 fps on the Mbed core. Ugh.
I don't know if this is the right place to ask these but here goes:

1. I have noticed that the SD library for the Mbed Arduino core requires a "8.3" file naming format whereas the Philhower version did not. Took me a while to figure out why I was getting a file-not-found error for longer named files.
  2. There is some sort of problem with longer SD reads on Mbed. With the Philhower core I could read an entire frame (153600 bytes) in one SD.read. In the Mbed core I need to break the SD file read into 4 SD.read calls to read in the data correctly and completely. Why?
  3. Is there anything that can be done to increase the SPI clock for the SD reads on the Mbed? For instance, I am running the LCD SPI clock at 62.5 MHz (on SPI_1) but I don't seem to have the option to change the SD SPI (SPI_0) clock. Is there a way to do that?
    Thanks very much for your time. Any insights would be appreciated.
    Bill

yeah I found this too. The pinout on that is wrong it should be:

The circuit for card at RPi Pico:
SD card attached to SPI bus as follows:
** MISO - GP16 (pin 21)
** MOSI - GP19 (pin 25)
** CS - GP17 (pin 22)
** SCK - GP18 (pin 24)

Very annoying, it was trial and error for me to find this.

Thank you very much. I haven't tried it yet because I have 3 other projects still working on then the SD card one.

Joseph

good luck. Also try different sd card sizes. 16GB worked for me but I heard that that is also the maximum value for most sd card readers. I use this one: Micro Sd Card Micro Sdhc Mini Tf Card Adapter Reader Module Voor Arduino|Integrated Circuits| - AliExpress (really like this module, cheap and seems to be protected against reversed polarity, although it gets really hot when you screw that up haha)

Thank you very much for that information.

Joseph