picture Troubles

Paul_KD7HB:
Always begin by attaching your photos. Then preview or post and edit later.

Paul

Some day I'll find out….

Paul_KD7HB:
Always begin by attaching your photos. Then preview or post and edit later.

Paul

"413 Request Entity Too Large" I got attaching the pic and trying "Preview".

@Railroader, perhaps you could ask the Moderator to move Replies #4 onwards to another Thread so that we can help you with the image posting without de-railing the OP's Thread ?

...R

Robin2:
@Railroader, perhaps you could ask the Moderator to move Replies #4 onwards to another Thread so that we can help you with the image posting without de-railing the OP's Thread ?

...R

Done!
You're right.

"413 Request Entity Too Large"

Make the picture smaller. Used to be a 1 Mbyte limit, I think that may have been raised some since then

Railroader:
“413 Request Entity Too Large” I got attaching the pic and trying “Preview”.

What size was the image file?

Smaller image files (640 x 480 should be fine) are kinder to those of us with slow or expensive internet connections.

The Arduino system does not seem to like EXIF data in pictures from cameras or phones. If you convert from JPG to PNG that gets lost. Also, when I use GIMP to resize pictures if I select a portion and “paste as new image” the resulting JPG has no EXIF data.

…R

Robin2:
Also, when I use GIMP to resize pictures if I select a portion and "paste as new image" the resulting JPG has no EXIF data.

I am going to have to learn how to use GIMP - without the familiarity it looks just too difficult and I have to revert to a Windoze machine to use IrfanView which seems simpler. :grinning:

Paul__B:
I am going to have to learn how to use GIMP - without the familiarity it looks just too difficult

It does have a lot of features but I only use a few regularly and usually have to read the instructions (i.e. Google) when I want to do something extra. I have never used Photoshop but I presume its complexity is on a par with GIMP.

...R

I've been using the Windows Snipping Tool, which I dragged from the toolbar down into the Taskbar, to capture screen shots and post those. Very handy.
Icon is a pair of scissors.
Snipping Tool.JPG

Snipping Tool.JPG

Trying to attach a 600 k picture.

Looks attached to me.
Now you just need to copy the link and then "modify" your post to be able to put it on screen with the attach picture thingy.

Trying to attach a 1.9 Mb pic.
Maybe to close in time. No responce when clicking "Preview".

I dont' know the Picture treatments You have discussed. Have a standard Win10 Pc

Editing the post, copying link.

20200515_232130.jpg

20200515_232130.jpg

The almost 2 Meg pic looks like passing the filters.

@ballscrewbob

"Copy the link".... I'm lost. How, where, do I pick up that link?

Railroader:
Maybe to close in time. No responce when clicking "Preview".

I dont' know the Picture treatments You have discussed. Have a standard Win10 Pc

Win10:
Start Menu -> Windows Accessories -> Snipping Tool

@Railroader

You can do some stuff in "paint" It has a "resize" option and allows you to crop the crud pretty easily or if there is another picture program you are more familiar with.

1.9 Mb might be cutting it a little fine.

Thanks for Paint. I'll check it.

Look at post #11. I got the link, edited, but it did not make the pic show up. What did I miss?

evanmars:
Win10:
Start Menu -> Windows Accessories -> Snipping Tool

Thanks! That's the Screen pic snapper? Win + Shift + S?

Railroader:

Why?

Smaller images are perfectly satisfactory and load much quicker.

...R

Just for testing and giving @CrossRoads some feed back to post #4.
I prefer to use my older smartphone just beacuse it uses less of pixels, typical some 600 kB. The new phone uses some 2 MB.....

Need to wrap the pasted link with img and /img tags
img tags.JPG

img tags.JPG