Piezoelectric Actuator Display

Hi guys, I am fairly new to electronics and this is my first project using a microcontroller. I am going to use these Piezoelectric Actuators. They will be arranged in a 3x3 matrix next to each other and I am going to have 3 sets of these for a total of 27 actuators. These bend slightly and apply a force when a voltage is applied. My hope is that I can be able set this up such that each matrix will be applied to a finger on a glove and be able to deliver a touch feedback sensation.

One worry that I have is the number of connections as they require 2 leads each (the ground is common so it totals to 28 connections). I have an arduino mega 2560 which has 15 analog and some 50 digital connection points. Do you think these can be connected using the digital connections or will I need to do some form of multiplexing?
For now my aim is to just get them working, possibly the same 3x3 configuration however using a contact switch.

Would anyone be able to give me their thoughts on the matter?
Thanks

Are you sure that you want to use piezos, and know how to operate them? Which actuator voltage do you have in mind?

DrDiettrich:
Are you sure that you want to use piezos, and know how to operate them? Which actuator voltage do you have in mind?

The ones he pointed to use 180V, not something I would want near my fingers!
But there would certainly be 'touch feedback'. :frowning: