Pin dead/burned

How to know if my pin 6 is dead?

I used it yestarday but today i can't use it, how to know if is dead or not, or what can I do?

What was hooked up?

If you can read a high/low coming in (1K to gnd or 1K to 5V), that’s a good sign.
If you can drive a high out across a 250 ohm resister to ground, and a low with a 250 ohm resister from +5, that’s a good sign.

What is it yours is not doing?

I connected a LED on the pin 6 and put it as a OUTPUT and digitalWrite as HIGH but it doesn't work.

kerwonz:
I connected a LED on the pin 6 and put it as a OUTPUT and digitalWrite as HIGH but it doesn't work.

Was any resistor involved in your circuit?
Is the LED working on other pins?
What were you doing on the pin 6?

Try it with just a resister, 250 ohm, 330 ohm 1K, some value in that range.
I suspect you fried the output pin tho if you didn’t a current limit resister, as liudr said.

Make sure you use a current limit resister when you test the LED - try it from the 3.3V or 5V pin first, with a resister, don’t fry any more outputs first.

I connected a LED on other pins and it works, on the pin 6 I don't have any signal for input and output.

I connected 4.5V (battery supply) to the pin6 and it doesn't detect signal (working as a input)

And I try to work it as a OUTPUT connecting a LED, and it doesn't work.

When I did it on another PIN it works!

Another thing?

Were you reading our replies? Did you use a resistor and what have you been doing with pin 6 before it died?

As Dr Bones McCoy on Star Trek would say, "It's dead, Jim".

Be more careful with your current control , use current limit resisters with LEDs.

Yes, i try it.

I connected a coin selector, It works with 12V and a signal cable (N.O/N.C) it works pretty good, but today didn’t work.

I don’t know what happen or why that pin is dead.

http://image.made-in-china.com/2f0j00zvyTwNMBrQou/Coin-Selector-for-Vending-Machine-COIN-ACCEPTOR-500-.jpg

what was the problem? Or what can I do to fix that problem?

Conect 2.2k resistor on the signal of the coin selector?

"12V" is why it is dead.
You need to limit the voltage on the pins to 5v with a voltage divider.
+12V to 15K resister to arduino pin, and from there 10K resister to ground.
Should see a 4.8V max signal.

some recommendation that no happens again?

Use the voltage divider described above to keep 12V off the arduino pins.

May it is language barrier. The op didn't understand you CrossRoads. Plus we still don't know if resistors were used with LEDs.

Yes, sure when I used it like OUTPUT i put a resistor,

but when is working as a INPUT a didn't put a resistor.

Does this make it more clear>?

You actually dont need the 10k resistor to ground, as the clamp diode in the microcontroller will keep the voltage from going past 5v.
for a 12v input I would simply use a 100k resistor in series with the pin as an input.
For an output, see CrossRoads' above post.

You're responding to 4+ year old topic. Try browsing for something more recent.