Pin Naming Inconsistencies

Hello,

I have found a few inconsistencies in pin naming which should be fixed in the next documentation release:

• PB09 is listed as LED_BUILTIN in the pinout PDF, but it is actually PB08 as seen in the schematic
  • PB09 is listed as LED_BLUE in variant.cpp but it is actually SAM_INT_OUT according to the VidorFPGA default project pin assignments & the schematic. The blue LED is controlled by the wifi chip.
  • BQ95124 is listed as the PMIC, but it is actually BQ24195LRGET as seen in the schematic
  • On the pinout PDF, SDA is put next to PA21 for the ESLOV JST-SH connector but it should actually be next to PA08, since PA21 is the i2c “interrupt” pin

Having the Altium files for the board layout as a ground truth would be really helpful.

purisame:
PB09 is listed as LED_BUILTIN in the pinout PDF, but it is actually PB08 as seen in the schematic

Thanks for reporting this!

purisame:
BQ95124 is listed as the PMIC, but it is actually BQ24195LRGET as seen in the schematic

I notice this error also occurs on the pinout diagrams for other boards:

• MKR WiFi 1010
  • MKR WAN 1310
  • MKR GSM 1400
  • MKR NB 1500
  • MKR Vidor 4000

purisame:
On the pinout PDF, SDA is put next to PA21 for the ESLOV JST-SH connector but it should actually be next to PA08, since PA21 is the i2c "interrupt" pin

The entire Eslov pinout is upside down. This means that in addition to the issue you noted, 5V and GND are swapped.

Please report these issues to Arduino support via this form:
https://store.arduino.cc/store-support

purisame:
PB09 is listed as LED_BLUE in variant.cpp but it is actually SAM_INT_OUT according to the VidorFPGA default project pin assignments & the schematic. The blue LED is controlled by the wifi chip.

I'm guessing this is your pull request to fix that:

purisame:
Having the Altium files for the board layout as a ground truth would be really helpful.

We have some recent news on this here:

Currently, we are reworking the documentation so in the following months, we will make available the Altium files in the same way it is displayed on the Portenta page. Portenta H7

Ok, I've reported these issues with the technical support question option. Thanks for the quick reply!

Thanks so much for making the effort to improve Arduino's documentation! I'm sure this will prevent some confusion and headaches for other Arduino users in the future.