Ping pong (table tennis) robot projects

I want to build a machine to spin table tennis balls and throw onto a table

I've seen a few projects on youtube

No thorough guides though. Just wondering if there were any here in the forums or elsewhere?

Else... Would like some guidance on running a dc motor. What do I need? Or read I need a bit bridge. Is this essential? What else?

(I'm a complete newbie!)

Thanks

What you need is a detailed description of the project.
When you have that, you can start filling in the details such as what motors you would need to do what you want to do, what hardware to control those motors, and what software to manage that hardware.

I doubt anyone has written up a complete tutorial on exactly what you want, but you should be able to find all the parts.

enginestar: Else... Would like some guidance on running a dc motor. What do I need? Or read I need a bit bridge. Is this essential? What else?

There is so much information on that spread over thousands of sites on the internet. Have you studied up on it yet? I don't know what anyone could suggest here that isn't written a million times all over the internet. Why don't you do some reading on your own and get the basics down and come back when you have some specific question about your particular setup. Like will this driver work with that motor or something. But, "please tell me how to run a motor" sounds a lot like, "I'm too lazy to use Google and read on my own so somebody spoon feed it to me."