PIR Sensor Sentivity..

Hai.. i would like to ask.. how to control the pir sensor sentivity for its detect human only (cant detect cat,dog,fly or small insects).. and i would like if you give can give advice which type of pir sensor that suitable and how does its work.. thanx you for helping.. :slight_smile:

No suggestions on most suitable sensor but if you get something like this then you adjust the sensitivity using a small potentiometer on it's side.
Ignore this

rusydi95, flyes and small insects don't trigger a Pir sensor, but direct sunshine on it will trigger it for shure, try add a thin plastic layer on the fresnell lens... if it doesn't work try to narrow the range (like put the round PIR sensor into a square box and drill a hole) so it can only detects on a narrow beam. Oh and you can place it horizontally ... unless u have a 1.5m tall dog :slight_smile:

Riva:
but if you get something like this then you adjust the sensitivity using a small potentiometer on it's side.

The pot suggests sensitivity, but it doesn't work like that. At least not with the ones I tried.
I think all it does is add some "false alarm" delay, so multiple detections are needed to change the output state.
You can influence detection zones by covering those parts of the fresnel lens with black tape, cardboard, etc.
Leo..

Wawa:
I think all it does is add some "false alarm" delay, so multiple detections are needed to change the output state.

I stand corrected, I thought it influenced the amount of change between each frame needed to trigger the PIR but reading the blurb

Blocking time: 2.5S (the default) can be produced range 0.1 seconds, tens of seconds

point to your understanding.