PIR Sensors in Series - Circuit help

Hi,

I have one PIR sensor working well with my Arduino Uno, now i'm wondering how to add another in to the circuit? I have a very basic knowledge of electronics but am guessing I need to wire them in series somehow?

Would appreciate any help

Thanks

Depends on what you want.

If you are using a standard sensor, it has power and ground that you are supplying. It then has one signal wire into an Arduino pin. One option is simply to repeat this set-up. Each sensor requires one pin, use a read function in the code and iterate a loop to read them all.

If you have a 4 wire sensor, maybe this is helpful: http://www.reuk.co.uk/Multiple-PIR-Sensor-Circuits.htm

With the level of information we have, Google will be more helpful to you than we will.

Thanks for your reply, sorry if I wasn't clear enough. Just to clarify, I want 2 or 3 PIR sensors to go through the arduino in order for them to trigger different sound clips in Max (they are standard 3 pin sensors). Do the outputs of the sensors that go to the ground and the power connect to each other or can you have multiple wires going into one slot on the arduino? I'll read over the article thanks for that.

I would power each sensor from a voltage source with each one having a signal into an Arduino pin. I would not power them from the Arduino.

Yes, Vcc could go to Sensor1 Vcc and then to Sensor2 Vcc and then to Sensor3 Vcc, and then Sensor3 Ground could come back top Sensor2 ground then to Sensor1 gound and then back to ground. But that is parallel and not series.

I would suspect that "slows" has one or more of these sensors which give a logic output to an Arduino (or any other microcontroller) and run from the 5V Vcc consuming a quite trivial amount of current each, though this should be checked carefully for more than three or four.

And he wants them to be individually sensed, so each needs to be connected to Vcc and ground, and the output of each will need to go to a different pin on the Arduino.

Paul__B: I would suspect that "slows" has one or more of these sensors which give a logic output to an Arduino (or any other microcontroller) and run from the 5V Vcc consuming a quite trivial amount of current each, though this should be checked carefully for more than three or four.

And he wants them to be individually sensed, so each needs to be connected to Vcc and ground, and the output of each will need to go to a different pin on the Arduino.

Exactly what I said. I concur.