Planned upgrade October 20th

I am delighted that we have been given advance notice of this.

But am I being unreasonable to think the person who created the banner should also have taken the trouble to open a Thread here (A ) to explain what changes are planned and (B ) to afford the users an opportunity to comment.

...R

Yes, you are in (B).
You started this thread yourself, so why should an administrator do that ?

Did you think you could comment or perhaps put in requests to this update, less than a week before it is executed ?
I think there have been plenty of requests put in already, you've done your share of that.

Let's just wait and see what surprises we'll get next week.

Yes, you are in (B).

Well, I disagree. If the forum administrators spent any time actually visiting the forum and answered a majority of the posts, and dealt with the spam and other issues, then they would have the right to make changes without getting agreement or telling us what changes are planned.

But, they don't. They answer less than 1% of the questions posted here, and do virtually no moderating.

Even without allowing for contents, something more than "Hey, we plan on wreaking havoc on Monday" should be said.

From Simple Machines website:

Dear users,

Simple Machines Forum has released security patches to both the 1.1.x and the 2.0.x release lines. This brings our released versions to SMF 1.1.20 and SMF 2.0.9.

Come Monday, I predict we see this at the bottom of the forum page: