Playing audio from arduino

Hello.

I have a simple project that I need some help with: installing a headphone jack that allows me to play music from a given source (this source is yet to be defined).

For this project I will be using an arduino UNO.

As far as I am concerned the audio jack receives an analog input, however, the arduino UNO does not have any analog output.
Does any one has any ideia on how I should tackle this problem?

Thanks in advance!

Oh yes! Have you looked into the DFPlayer? It is a super cheap module, that plays audio files from an SD card.

You will need:
A DFPlayer
A MicroSD card and adapter for it
An audio source
Some resistors

I have not tried the module yet, but I have it, and as soon as I get my order of resistors I will try it out!

From what I hear, you just put your audio on the SD card, plug it into the module, wire the module to your Arduino, and code it!

As far as the audio source, get a cheap female-to-female stereo audio jack. Cut off one end of it, and splice it. You should see two wires sticking out. Splice those. Use those wires as your positive and negative speaker wires when wiring to the DFPlayer.

Plug your headphones into the other end of the audio cable.

Hope this helps!

-SQ

Hi and welcome,

you need an extra module for that.
There are

• MP3 players which come with sd card on board (e.g. WTV020-SD, SparkFun MP3 Player Shield, Adafruit ...)
  • ISD1820 or ISD1932 based voice recorder modules with playback

topastop:
installing a headphone jack that allows me to play music from a given source (this source is yet to be defined).

For this project I will be using an arduino UNO.

As far as I am concerned the audio jack receives an analog input, however, the arduino UNO does not have any analog output.

You cannot connect an audio source to an Arduino analog input. You will damage the Arduino, the audio source, or both.

What are you trying to do with your project? What function will the Arduino perform?