Please help about license clarification

Hello guys,

I’m developing a Arduino remote debugger (Arduino PC framework) able to handle Arduino Uno board as an hardware emulator. The system is able to debug the Arduino firmware direcly on host PC. PC side, we can use any development IDE such as VS Code, Visual Studio 20xx, C++ Builder etc. In addition we can insert any number of break point and inspect all firmware variables using the standard debugger provided by IDE in use. It is not needed to download the firmware on the Arduino board, since the firmware is running on the PC and uses the Arduino as a hardware emulator. Currently I’m able to handle any digital pin, analog pin and complex object such as EEPROM and SPI. Now the debugger is using the UART, but in future it will be able to use also Wifi connection.

I would like your opinion on the type of license I should use for this project. Since my Arduino PC framework does not use any GPL software and I developed my library from scratch, my question is:

Can I make my Arduino PC Framework as a closed commercial product?
Logically the Arduino side (emulator) will be open source.

Thanks for your support

Your duplicate post has been deleted

Cross-posting is against the rules of the forum. The reason is that duplicate posts can waste the time of the people trying to help. Someone might spend 15 minutes (or more) writing a detailed answer on this topic, without knowing that someone else already did the same in the other topic.

Repeated cross-posting will result in a timeout from the forum.

In the future, please take some time to pick the forum board that best suits the topic of your question and then only post once to that forum board. This is basic forum etiquette, as explained in the sticky "How to use this forum - please read." post you will find at the top of every forum board. It contains a lot of other useful information. Please read it.

Thanks in advance for your cooperation.