Please Help: Accessing My arduino Remotely via android

Hi, I would like to do some functions with my arduino and android over internet. I need your help and suggestions please.

My Project have four functions that will be done over internet :

1- Turn on\off lights. 2- Open\ close garage door. 4- measure the temperature and show it on the screen. 4- Detect motion and send an notification.

Also, my system is multi user system there is an admin and users with limited functions.

*Please help my if my project feasible or not and how to make it. Any Kind of help will be appreciated. *

You will need a wifi module and a router close to your garage or the place you want arduino to be

In your place i'll use a ESP8266 iot board instead of the arduino, this way you won't need two boards The esp board is also programmable using arduino ide

And about your objectives you didn't give us enought details(i don't understand if you know how to achieve them

If you want to control a simple bulb is pretty simple You attach a relay to it as it would be a switch, so for the door(if already have a motor and some buttons)

But you probably ask about the connection between the arduino and the android I'm not so specialized into this but i think you'll need to do a server using the esp and there you need to put your buttons with the requests which will turn on the light And also a status page with the current status of those Then you need to download some app from playstore named arduino esp wifi controller i think and connect them together

There is also a app named blynk that might be exactly what you need and much much simpler then all of those Read about it a little

1) Get your Arduino on your local network as a TCP/IP server (Ethernet or WiFi). 2) Get your Android phone on your local network connecting to the Arduino server. 3) Set up port forwarding on your router to allow connections from outside your local network to reach your Arduino. 4) Get your Android phone outside your local network connecting to the Arduino server.

Now you can transfer any information you like between your Android phone anywhere you have Internet access and your Arduino at home.

johnwasser: 3) Set up port forwarding on your router to allow connections from outside your local network to reach your Arduino. 4) Get your Android phone outside your local network connecting to the Arduino server.

This only works for either a fixed IP address (most consumer ISPs don't do this, need business level connection), or a dyndns setup with host name, so the phone can actually find the home network.

For processor, use an ESP8266 based board such as the NodeMCU and WeMOS boards, then you have WiFi built in already (including http server).

Thank you all I appreciate your efforts to help me.

What about multi user?

Also, Is there a way to send temperature directly to android phone?

Yes: set up an MQTT server that receives messages from your Arduino and then sends it as push notification it to your Android device.