Please Help! Circuit Playground Express and Servos

Please help! I have a last minute project and I'm kinda desperate right now. I am trying to control a servo motor with a Circuit Playground express and it will not work. :( I tried tutorials but I can only find tutorials for the Arduino uno.

I am having trouble in terms of connecting wires and the use of the servo.attach(); function especially. Please someone help. :(

I'm not familiar with it but it seems like it should run most Arduino code with no problem. There are some guides on Adafruit's website with specific advice for this chip.

It is a 3.3V chip, so maybe your servo doesn't like that voltage?

Show us your code. Try to draw a schematic of the wires (a pencil sketch is fine, don't attempt to learn an online CAD system just to draw a schematic.) Maybe a photo of what you have will help us diagnose the problem.

Thank you for your response.

This Servo requires 5V but I was told that if I had 3.3V, the servo would just run slower. Is this a false claim?

This diagram is super crude but I am using alligator/male wires to connect the Circuit Playground Express to the servo.

The code is:

#include <Servo.h>
#include <Adafruit_CircuitPlayground.h>

Servo servo;

void setup() {

CircuitPlayground.begin();
  servo.attach(10);
}

void loop() {

servo.write(0);
  delay(100);

servo.write(180);
  delay(100);
}

this is the diagram

|500x281

Please tell me you didn't twist those 3 wires together at the servo. (You should label the inputs to the servo on the servo instead of drawing it as a black box.)

Your schematic labels the "data" or "signal" pin at the Arduino end as A3 but your code says 10. Is A3 really also digital 10 for that device?

Which servo? I would not expect any servo to work at 3.3V but maybe you have a special one. Do you have a datasheet for it?

100ms is a very short time for a servo to move 180 degrees. Give it some time for your simple demo, like a full second or more.

I know of very few servos that will run on 3.3V for power (though a 3.3V control signal is usually o.k.). Some of the ultramicro servos intended for use on single lipo cells might. What servo are you trying to use?

Why not try using the Vout connection for the servo. Adafruit's documentation says that, depending on what you are powering the Circuit Playground with, that will provide either full USB power or full battery power.

Steve

Yes I think the power and the delay might be the issue. I am going to try again in the morning. Thank you for your responses. I will post updates tomorrow.